So there’s this gal Ryane I adore. No, not in that way, you kinky freak. Anyway, she tagged me. And while I refuse to partake in those silly emails that insist you immediately forward it to ten of your friends or risk never finding love/wealth/happiness, I’m digging this tagging thing. So, here it goes - my weirdness in a nutshell.
(insert the passage of one hour here)
Okay, I’m clearly thinking too hard. One more time….here it goes, my weirdness in a nutshell, in no particular order.
(1) I’ve mentioned this before but I’ll mention it again. I have this odd necessity of having my sheets tucked a certain way. The foot and one side must be super duper tight, leaving the head folded over and the last side an untucked flap for entry and exit. A few weeks ago, I was just too tired to make up my bed. For the first time ever, I put on the bottom sheet but simply rolled myself up in my flat sheet and slept in it like a cocoon. It was the worst week of sleep. Ever. I blame it all on the absence of tucking.
(2) I brush my teeth in the shower. I think I picked this up in college. Since I had my entire get-clean caddy in there with me, I figured I might as well multi-task it. Eventually I graduated college but I retained the brush-ah-brush-ah in the shower habit. Don't knock it until you try it.
(3) On the upper corner of my right eye is a freckle. Or an imperfection. Either way, it’s plain old weird. For it to be visible, I have to look down and pull the lid up but there it is. A brown blotch dotting the white of my eye. Until two years ago, my mother was convinced it was a tumor. She'd ask to look at it and then get all nervous and claim it had gotten larger. Like I needed to go through the better part of my life with that concern.
(4) When I get the literary urge, I think in paragraphs. It’s a royal pain in the ass. No matter how hard I try to jot down abbreviated notes in a little pad, I’ve got nothing if I don’t have a computer to pound out the idea. This is why I’m thinking of commissioning Dell or Jeremy to design a waterproof laptop I can mount in the shower because it’s usually after I brush my teeth but before I condition my hair that I come up with the most brilliant paragraphs.
(5) I have a thing for Swatch. It started in junior high when my parents got me one for Chanukah. The design on the face was so funky I couldn’t tell the time but I fell in love with the plastic timepiece right then and there. I didn’t acquire my second Swatch until college but ever since then, I’ve been increasing my collection. To date, I own seven and with the exception of the original one, I wear them all. Because the only local Swatch store is on the other side of security at the airport, I've had to roll my purchases into out of state travels. Luckily, Chicken (Boston) and Hope (NYC) and Caralyn (NYC) have been okay with my Swatch-a-riffic detours.
(6) I can only ice-skate counterclockwise. And forget that whole going backwards thing. I suppose it has to do with me being right handed and therefore right footed? I’m a rightest? Anyway, as soon as the rink changes the direction of the masses to clockwise, I’m benched. The upside is I haven’t skated since fourth grade. When I fell. Trying to go clockwise. And broke my wrist.
So I think I’m supposed to tag some other people to partake in this madness. But the glitch is I don’t really know many bloggers. Technically, I don’t know-know any bloggers. So, I’m going to tag (but in no way pressure) Ms. Dishalicious, Lushy, MiniJonB and Debbie. And in the off chance I’m still left being it, I’m inviting all of my readers (cough) to participate as well. Come on, fess up to your weirdness. If not six things, then how about one? Admit it, you’re a little bit weird too…